Royce Ferguson is a highly experienced lawyer with 40 years of experience and over 300 bench and jury trials, as well as several thousand administrative hearings, juvenile court hearings, arbitrations, mediation hearings, and civil trials in district and superior courts. This experience is what sets him apart from other lawyers in the area.
He is a published author of legal publications related directly to his practice areas, as well as an experienced speaker at legal seminars, MAR arbitrator, and judge pro tem.
Admitted to Practice
- Washington Supreme Court – 1974
- Arizona Supreme Court – 1983
- Hawaii Supreme Court – 2012
- United States Supreme Court – 1981
- United States District Court – 1974
- Western Washington University – 1971
- Gonzaga University School of Law – 1974
Trial & Appellate Experience
Mr. Ferguson has provided trial and appellate counsel services in the following reported cases:
- Thompson vs. Wilson, 142 Wn.App. 803 (2008)
Judicial Review of Death Certificate
- Nelson vs. Schubert, 98 Wn.App. 754 (2000)
Missing Body Wrongful Death
- Rabb vs. McDermott, 60 Wn.App. 334 (1991)
Paternity Action against Estate
- State vs. Mennegar, 114 Wn.2d 304 (1990)
Search & Seizure of Passenger
- State vs. Long, 32 Wn.App. 732 (1982)
- Halquist vs. DOC, 113 Wn.2d 818 (1989)
Original Action to Videotape Execution
- Burkhart vs. Harrod, 110 Wn.2d 381 (1988)
Wrongful Death against Social Host
- State vs. Bunich, 28 Wn.App. 713 (1981)
Sexual Psychopathy Double Jeopardy
- State vs. Mathiesen, 27 Wn.App. 257 (1980)
Access to Search Warrant Affidavit
Ferguson, Criminal Practice and Procedure (Third Edition 2004), Vols. 12 and 13, Washington Practice Series.
—This is a 2-Volume treatise used by Washington lawyers and has been cited as an authority by Washington courts.
Ferguson and Fine, Criminal Law (First Edition 1990, superseded by later editions), Vol.13A, Washington Practice Series.
—This is a volume on criminal substantive offenses and defenses used by Washington lawyers.
Contact the Law Office of Royce Ferguson today in Everett, Washington, to schedule an appointment at our law office.